Sunday, December 11, 2011

DREAMING IT ALL UP AGAIN
you reach a certain point where you have some competence to what you are doing you have to stop and look and see where do you want to go. Many times the original idea or dream that got you started might not be where you want to continue. 
I don't feel the same about photography as when I first started.  I am becoming or I am realizing that I am more right brain that I thought and well the structure and routine of treating photography as a business does not really interest me since I already have a job and there is so much competition out there.

I learning that I like more abstract more emotional types of creativity and that photography in itself is too rigid in its form and rules and even by mechanics alone of the way a photo is created.  There are just too many boundaries that I really need to blur or dissolve or simply just destroy. 

So in order to compete with the millions out there doing what I'm doing I have to really look and see what I bring to the table. Not what I do to make it the same shit that everyone else is doing but what is so unique about my life experience that can be incorporated in my creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment