Saturday, March 20, 2010

Happy New Year, The First Day of Spring

Posted by Picasa
TODAY, MARCH 20 is the first day of spring 2010, which is marked by the occurrence of the Vernal equinox 2010. Vernal Equinox represents the first day of spring in northern hemisphere. On a day of the equinox, the centre of the Sun spends a roughly equal amount of time above and below the horizon at every location on the Earth, night and day being of roughly the same length.

The first day of spring equinox 2010 is much awaited after the long and cold winter season. The first day of spring also marks the beginning of Nowruz, the Persian New Year. This year, the vernal equinox will occur at 17:32 coordinated universal time (1:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time) March 20, 2010.


I feel there is an incredible energy as the new year kicks off today. Even though January is the beginning of the year its hard to do anything in winter so life and the year really doesn't start till spring. Since the sun enters Aries today, which is the first sign of the zodiac, it is another reason to realize it's the beginning of the New Year.

I think despite what ails the world there is so much awesomeness out there that has nothing to do with money. I really feel as if my life is like the phoenix rising out of the ashes. After a long period of darkness I'm getting out into the light.

My tread mill works and my energy is getting back to where use to be. I feel more alive, I feel like Aries full of fire...

No comments:

Post a Comment