Saturday, December 29, 2012

The closing doors

I find doors of opportunity close and new ones open.  Four years I go I walked through door of photography and immersed myself into the skill/art.  I did it as much as I could, almost every weekend was spent going places, photographing things, learning to process photos and experimenting with the art.

After four years I find the door closing behind me and a new one opening.  Though me in my stubbornness still wants to stay in the photography room.  It has been a place to hang out four a big part of my life the last four years.  Now having to leave I see that there is not much to learn from it and the new door leading to the room of creative writing has new things to learn and experience. 

In fact I have been slowly going into the writing room but have been going back to the photography room too.  I guess some of those closing doors can simply be opened and you will find yourself in a room with no life.  Like visiting a house you lived in when you were a kid, its nice to visit but you can't live there.



No comments:

Post a Comment