Monday, September 13, 2010

As Good as it's Going to Get

MusicImage by doug88888 via FlickrI've tried a lot of things in life.  I used to play the guitar when I was teenager.  It was fun and I learned many songs but a time came where I could just not progress anymore.  I stayed at a level and I realized I reached a point where it was as good as it was going to get.
Being a guitarist was never my true passion. I always enjoyed singing more.  I tried out for several bands but was always rejected.  But its okay because now I have karaoke. Its fun, it allows me to do something I love.  I don't have the talent or dream to sing with a band so as for singing, karaoke is as good as it is going to get for me.
I wrote for a few years, got some stories published and some nice reviews on some screenplays but then again I reached a point where there I could not go farther.  Now I have Photography.  I've spent the last two years absorbing as much photography as I could.  From scouring the internet for websites, blogs, and photo galleries and listening to pod casts.  I've researched cameras, equipment, and have devoted three blogs to photography.
   Orlando Model & Photography MeetupImage by frankdpix via Flickr
I've also met dozens of new people, worked with a modeling agency and clothes designers,  made new friends and acquaintances and have traveled to various places all because of photography.  It has given me a lot, perhaps a lot more than music and writing put together.

But I've reached a point now where things are slowing down.  I've reached the top of the hill and I can say this is as good as its going to get for me.  I'm not going to be shooting for Vogue or working on America's Next Top Model any time soon...and I'm okay with it.  I see it as two years I could have spent in college studying photography but I did it on my own and what better way to learn that from real life experience.
For me all I can do now is sit quietly and wait for the next thing.  It will come, the new journey, maybe these last two, five, ten years have been nothing short of an initiation period for me for what is to come.  Can't wait to see.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment