Friday, September 3, 2010

Follow The White Rabbit

morpheousImage by Green Clouds via Flickr
FOLLOW THE WHITE RABBIT...For some this will bring memories of little Alice blindly ignoring all logic to pursue a talking white rabbit wearing a waistcoat down a rabbit hole to wonderland.  For others, Neo will come to mind as he follows the white rabbit through a dark sinister world  to meet Morpheus.   In each case, Alice and Neo found something they were looking for.   
We all come across white rabbits everyday. Most of us simply walk by them because as we grow older we learn or we're taught to ignore them because the sinister things might lead us astray from our safe lives no matter how miserable they might be.  After all, if we happen to see a talking rabbit wearing clothes, we would blow it off and say we must be tired or maybe we're too stressed. One would have to be either a child or insane to follow it down some dark smelly hole in the ground.
Other times the white rabbit is within us as a nagging voice that keeps screaming, you're with the wrong person, in the wrong relationship, in the wrong career or simply going down the wrong path in life.  As we get older we become better at choking the voice out of our lives till one day we can't hear it anymore.  My inner voice use  to be loud, now it's a memory.
The White Rabbit defies all rational logic and is nothing more than the insane, magical, chaotic, crazy things that we come across that appear as something that will bring about our demise...like quitting our job or leaving a high paying job for a lower paying one.  But in the end the White Rabbit will simply lead us to a better or worse place that has the missing key to our lives. 
I go to work and I don't know how I feel about anything anymore.  I have lost touch with myself because I work at a mindless factory where I am so under-stimulated that the only way I can deal with it is to stop thinking and feeling all together.  I am the walking dead or maybe the living dead.  I can't feel anymore.  I don't know how I feel about my job, I don't know how I feel about anything.  I've lost touch.  There is no easy solution to this.  I must change my life.  I want to feel alive again.  I must follow the crazy rabbit to wherever it will lead me, no matter how hard or scary the journey, maybe in the end I will find what i'm missing...feeling alive.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment