Friday, July 22, 2011

courage...standing out amongst the drones

There are aspects of my job that I really enjoy.  In fact the job I have now is job I chose to do because it was something that I liked to do and wanted to do.  It wasn't a job that I had to take to make a living.  That was actually the job I left and  i had been there for four and half years and new it was time to get out.


I think the fact that I enjoy my job puts me at a different level than many others.  Sometimes I feel a bit of animosity from my co-workers because maybe:
they are old and could not find anything else to do
they are bitter and disappointed with life
they are not happy people
they feel intimidated by me
they are simply negative people
they don't like me because...(there could be a million reason why)


but in the end it doesn't matter.  In the end we all need to have the courage to stand out and be different if different is who we really are.
After watching xmen first class the message was pretty much loud and clear, accept yourself, be who you really are and don't give a damn what other people think because if you are so different then maybe you have special abilities that other don't and these special abilities can help others...change the world...save humanity...etc.
At my job I do have more abilities than others and I do feel a bit of alienation from it.  Whether it be my computer skills or my camera and photography skills sometimes I just feel like I have to dumb myself down in order to fit in.


I don't want to do that anymore.  I don't' want to have to live up to the lower standards of the drones around me.  If I am as odd as a mutant on xmen...I choose to be a wolverine...then I should be who I really am and stop trying to fit in with the dummies where I don't belong.  Be I left alone because of it so be it.  Why should I have to dumb myself down and pretend I am something that I am not in order to fit it.  We all want to fit it but are we brave enough to be ourselves to be all that we can be and live to our full potential.????!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment