Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Total Control...Perfectionism and failure

As a writer and creative person there is always some invisisble force the helps or hinders in the creative process.
As I have not written in a long time there is that initial inertia that keeps me from getting started.  Then there is my solid destructive belief that I need to control everything in life.  I want and need things to be perfect.  I suppose its nothing more than fear keeping me from experiencing the real life in an attempt to make things easy and avoid complications.  This fear to avoid the bad or the negatives of live really does keep us from living a free full life.  I have a lot of anticipation and expectation about what I am going to create, write, etc.  I have set idea of what it is going to be and seldom does it ever come out the way I wanted to or expected which leads to disappointment.

For me the greatest obstacle will have to learn to put perfectionism away and simply let remind myself that I can handle what ever comes along good or bad and I dont' have to control everything by having it to be perfect.  If I can just accept things as they really are and appreciate what I write or create no matter how bad I feel it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment