Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Kale Shake is Awesome – So Upgrade It
Shannon Drake
• 3 months ago

Hey Dave, So I have some insight for your wife. I started having "lady area" discomfort when I was about 20, I thought I had chronic UTI's and would just go to the doctor to get anti-biotics. The doctors handed them over without question, never investigating why a perfectly healthy 20 year old was constantly coming in for meds. The pain would come and go but at about 24 it was coming more than going (pun intended) and it came on so strongly I stopped having sex at all for a good 6months. It was so bad I would go home early from work and sit in a warm bathtub for hours.

I went to about 5 gynecologist who gave me a myriad of reasons/excuses... stress, depression, hormones... no reason at all. The problem was I was not stressed or depressed or hormonal, in fact I was quite the opposite. Finally, one day I was at yet another gyno apointment, butt just feeling the breeze in my gown... I asked my gyno "what in the world COULD be wrong, i've come in over 20 times I've gone to 4 other gynocologists.. I mean..." then it struck me like a bus... gynocologist... I've only been going to gynocologists! What else is in that area? Your bladder and urethra! I asked my gyno if she thoght I should go to a urologist, her eyes lit up and she sent me stright upstairs to a urologist.

The waiting room was 100% men and I could see why not one single gyno thought to send me to a urologist. I met with the doctor, explained my chronic UTI problem and how no one knew what was wrong. He looked at me and said "Are you ready to feel better because I know whats wrong and I'm so glad you came" Long story short, they ran some rather uncomfortable tests and diagnosed me with Interstitial cystitis. Another "we don't really know what causes it" disease but there are very specific FOOD guidelines that thousands of women have compiled. Along with some "emergency" medication solutions if you have a flare-up

After doing a bland two week diet then re-introducing items I found my triggers. They tend to fall into tiers from:

Inedible:
Bananas (the devil in a yellow jacket)
tomatoes
black pepper

Avoid in raw form and excess:
Coffee
Black Tea
Gluten (which I now avoid for other reasons)

Use with moderation, do not combine with other triggers:
Chocolate
Paprika (nightshades seem to be a theme)

The short rules are avoid high acid, high potassium, and I find gluten and nightshades.

I now feel 100% 90% of the time (some times a lady has to eat some chocolate and coffee!) BTW I ordered some of your coffee in hopes i can tollerate more of it than normal :) Anyways sorry for the novel, I meet a lot of women with "painful sex" "chronic UTI's" or various lady problems that are solved after I shed the IC (Interstitial cystitis) light on things. I hope she finds this helpful, sex is awesome... no lady should go without!




Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Post a Comment