Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

What Mark Twain Knew About Life (and Business, Love, Work, Travel)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. - Mark Twain

When engaged in an argument with someone, there are a number of lines of reasoning which I tend to reject out of hand. For example, if someone argues that such and such a policy is virtuous based on the fact that Wall Street has responded positively and stocks have risen, I will call foul. Or, if someone were to give me business advice based on the fact that they have an MBA and therefore know better, I would tell them I could give a hoot about their Master of Business Administration.




Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Post a Comment