Wednesday, August 25, 2010

DOING WHAT YOU LOVE

Cuisine of BaliImage via WikipediaWhat do you love? And how often do you get to do it.
There is always the question of the meaning of life but that question is for people who are not doing what they love.
Sure one could ponder the meaning of life and come out with a million answers but in the end it really doens't matter because its not going to do you any good to know the answer anyway.
You, me, and we are here for such a short time. Even if you are one of the lucky ones to live a hundred years disease free, a hundred years is still just a spec in the universe.  So are you doing what you love, have you found that thing that you really dig.

A few might have the happiness and luck to be able to do what they love for a living.  And to not get burnt out on it is even more a blessing.  But most of us will have to settle for working a job that we may or may not like in order to do what we love in our free time.  In fact, if we really have found that wonderful thing, well we might find that most of all of our free time is spent doing it.
Doing what we love gives us pleasure, a sense of purpose and a reason to live.  I have found great joy in writing, music, photography, and well in the end what I truly love is food.  I think I always felt a bit guilty about it but I guess there is nothing wrong with food.  I love to cook it and eat and to try different foods from all over the world...yum yum yum...I love to eat.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment