Friday, February 5, 2010

Crazy Beautiful...HeartBeat City

Pentax *istD - 18-55DA
Getting in touch with the things I enjoy I'm learning to realize what kind of photography I want to do and why. There's always the temptation of wanting to do weddings and events and what not for the money is great if you can get but in the end it becomes such a business that there is hardly any art in it.

I'm letting go of wanting to do things for the money, since its been my drive for so long that I wind up killing my darlings, all the things I enjoy, Music, movies, writing, and now photography, all victim to my insatiable hunger to make money off the things that I love and enjoy. No more.

After skimming the hundreds of photo-blogs and photographer sites I realized what I don't want to do. i don't want to take cutesy little portraits and family photos that everyone else is taking. I don't want to shoot wedding, heck I don't even believe in love and shit I would be doing it for the money and I am a whore no more.

I realized what I do want to photograph. I like flowers and street photography but I also want to shoot models. I want to create crazy beautiful pictures like the one above. This was taken a little over a year ago with the ist D. It renders pictures so much like film that I'm totally reconsidering selling it. I mean its just has this really soft focus that manages to give it a such a surreal like. This photo of Professional Model Carissa Davis reminds me so much of the Car's Heartbeat City album. The look on Carissa's and the Model in the Car's album is priceless for there so much in the eyes and face. I look forward to a new beginning and a new outlook. It definitely gives me something to feel excited about. Almost like Xmas when i was a kid.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment