Friday, February 5, 2010

Spring Cleaning...Out with OLd...let in the New

Pentax *ist D - MC Auto 135 2.8 M
I was reading a blog the other day and the author was talking about how it was a new year and she had all these hopes and aspirations because as with any new endeavor the possibilities are endless. I usually have this naive enthusiasm at the beginning of every year but this year I think it hit me late because of so many things going on. But I think it finally hit me. I started doing some spring cleaning. I cleaned out my big closet of old boxes and threw out some old clothes that I had been meaning to take to Goodwill but I realized i was never going to get there so I just three them away. Sorry.

So three big bags of stuff went out and I made room in my closet so I can put some photo equipment in there. So I'm not sure what new resolutions I should be working on. But I do know one thing. Its a new year and I feel new. Last month was a lot of inner reflection and realization to avoid the self defeating behavior. Now I guess I need to start living. I'm going to find more thing that I like to do and do them for the fun and not for some great dream of becoming a millionaire or becoming famous. Blah who needs the shit anyway. The more things you own the more thing that wind up owning you, whether it be material things or even friends and family. Sometimes I don't even get to enjoy my days off because family has things for me to do or there is some maintenance to take care of.

Yeah I can see this year being one of having fun, enjoying thing in real time and not living so much in virtual reality. A new year, a new camera, a new out look, a new life. Going for it. But keeping a few old things in the back pocket as well. Oldies are still goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment