Monday, August 9, 2010

IT'S NOT MY JOB

Humpty DumptyImage by WaveCult (luis.m.justino) via Flickr
Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall;
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. 

Damn, another mess to clean up.

 Many times I feel like I'm the one trying to put Humpty Dumpty back together again, but this is an impossible job.   I find myself fixing things that don't belong to me or taking on more responsibility and doing the work that other should be doing.  At some point I think I have to learn to say its not my job.

Living in an apartment you quickly learn that there is no ownership of responsiblity.  I think since people don't own the property they do as they please with it.  They break it, they vandilize it, they just don't give a damn...but unfortunately for me, I care, which is my downfall and I'm often trying to clean up others' messes to have  a nice place to live...
 
But think about it if you are the only person in the world that gives a damn and you are trying to keep order in an environment of chaos you are alone.

Sometimes you just have to let go and realize it isn't your job to do it all. You can't fix the world, you can't put all the pieces back together. 

The world isn't' spinning back to order its actually spinning way from it into chaos as you can see more and more boundaries are being broken each day, more and more rules are being stretched and severed.

All you can do is let go and say, "It's not my job," because as the  rest of the rhyme goes...all the kings horses and all the kings men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty back together again  and if they couldn't do it, neither can you.

 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment