Monday, August 23, 2010

Your worst enemy is yourself

Fearless (2006 film)Image via WikipediaJet Li's, Fearless, is one of my favorite movies.  Its a story about a man who's pride and quest to be great destroys everything he has.  He loses his honor, his family, his money, and his sanity.  He is his own worst enemy and only after going through the darkness does he find the light.
How many times have you told yourself to go to the gym the next morning at 7, but change your mind at 6.45. How many times have you tried to control your diet, but eat like a glutton when you are at the dinning table? How many times have you tried to stop drinking alcohol and stop smoking but failed.
Discipline, do you have it?
You may surround yourself with the best books,  or strategies, subscribe to the most expensive newsletters; buy a 5000-dollar winning system, and yet find yourself none the better for them; simply because you have failed to discipline your mind and thus your action.
Discipline, patience and wisdom are traits you must instill in yourself before you can succeed. Of course you must have knowledge as well.
It is my lack of discipline that keeps me from accomplishing my goals even little ones like stretching after work to take the pressure of my weak back.  Things done happen because I stand in my way.  When things don't go so well it is not the outside world I should be questioning but the inside one, holding myself accountable.  Sure I can not dictate the outcome of my actions but I can dictate whether I put the actions in motion or whether I simply watch TV.  What happens in the end is not so important as the doing in the middle and what is really important is the actual getting going in the beginning.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment