Friday, July 2, 2010

IF YOU DON'T EVOLVE...YOU DIE

ipomea cocoonImage by Ecoagriculture Partners via Flickr
Are you Evolving...in what ever you do.

No matter what you do, you evolve. Its the nature of everything in life. Things are
born and they grow and they change and they evolve and then reach a point where they can't evolve anymore and then they die.

SO IF YOU DON'T EVOLVE...YOU DIE.

I heard the edge talking about the U2 sound evolving, going in a different and new directions. Doing things new, things they haven't done before, going in a direction that might mean the end because if they stay in the same place they might wind up dead anyway.

So as in any art, romance, relationship or just a living thing, we must and will evolve. Looking at my photography I can see how far I've come from my starting point. From taking pictures, to the newer equipment that I'm using, to the way I process pictures and take them a new place, it is all part of the evolution.

So where do I go now...Perhaps a direction I have not been before or just a direction no one has been before so it might not even be understood yet. I did something a little different this last shoot I had. I turned pictures blue, some red and some white. It really did give something new for I've not seen anyone do this.

I was working with the creatively flow. I also used the LAB color space which really did make the color pop. These are new direction I'm going in. So what else could I do with the camera. Is there any way to ad distortion, make the pictures more beautiful, more ugly, is there only one way to see thing, how can it be seen differently how can it change or evolve and be new.

When I first started processing pictures I used Photo-shop 7 then CS2 and now I use Light-room. When I first started I would only shoot Jpeg now I shoot J peg or RAW. I use RAW when I really need the quality and the resolution. Other direction I have gone to are doing HDR and now I am actually Merging HDR photographs with regular ones and simply layering and using the parts I like in each to create a realistic but also dream like pictures with much detail and dynamic range.

Staying alive in any relationship even a relationship with creativity involves the new. The new direction, something and somewhere the artist has never been before. Perhaps even doing something no one has done before and well it may not been enjoyed and liked by the masses but somewhere out there, someone will get it.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment