Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mastering Not Giving a Damn

Hugh Laurie 2Image by Buou via Flickr
Dr House is the master of not giving a damn.  He gets away with a lot, a lot more than what most people can but maybe its not getting away with but a FREEDOM he has by not caring.

There is trap in caring.  It creates a need to not offend, to not destroy, to not do poorly, to not wrong anyone or anything, to keep things nice and the same in essence caring creates FEAR. 

Mythology says FEAR COMES FROM SATURN
Saturn's energy creates fear and darkness in the mind.  He makes us doubt ourselves, doubt even the Divine and makes us prey to
dark fears, fantasies and phobias.  Saturn encumbers our freedom and keeping things the same through fear and anxiety


Fear keeps us from doing and trying anything new.  It keeps us from expressing our selves, from saying or doing the wrong things but worst of all it keeps us from being HONEST. 

THE LIE
"Is my butt too big."
"No, Dear, your butt looks like it did when you were twenty years old."


THE TRUTH
"is my butt too big."
"Yeah its huge when are you going to do something about it, I'm not attracted to you at all.  Shit did I just say this."


TRUTH IS A  BITCH.  TRUTH HURTS LIKE A BAD OPERATION WITHOUT ANESTHESIA

I've fallen back to my old self of caring.  I don't know from where or when it crawled up on me for I had driven out to the country side and left it for dead on the side of the road, but now here it is again.  All that hard work.  Damn.  I've been giving a damn lately.  Caring about what other think, not wanting to step on any toes, overvaluing others and devaluing myself, falling into the trap of not wanting to offend, feeling helpless and powerless I have become institutionalized to my job.  Emerson would not be proud with my conformity.  I've become small minded and fearful.  


How to get out of this. ENTER URANUS


Uranus is the planet associated with freedom and revolutionary vision, the urge for change and the ability to visualize new possibilities.  It doesn't give a damn, its a rebel.  Uranus sees no need for the status quo, preferring instead to break with tradition and create a new mold.  URANUS BREAKS THE RULES.

Do something bad.  Not illegal but bad.  Break the rules a bit, make someone upset by not giving a damn.  Say the wrong thing.  Give yourself the freedom to make mistakes.  Stop giving a damn so much.  Call in to work and have a fun day.  BREAK THE RULES, BREAK THE RULES, BREAK THE RULES.  ONLY URANUS CAN SET YOU FREE.   
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment