Friday, July 9, 2010

FIND YOUR VOICE...SAY WHAT U WANNA SAY

Screaming LifeImage via Wikipedia
I've reached a point in my creative fun where I feel that my work should say something. It started out with some fireworks pictures I took on the 4th of July. I realized how a photo can really tell a story and if you add some words to it it really can get the message across very powerfully.

But lately I've simply been creating an experiment and I wonder if i should be more focused about what what I want things to say. After all that is the essence for all ART not necessarily creative for that is something else but ART says something.

A while back i wonderED what was the purpose of my writing. I guess it's the help the human condition. To share an experience or insight that someone else can use. But we live in the age of the Internet and insight and enlightenment is only a few key stokes away. But not all information is the same.

I still remember the first time i read a Robinson Crusoe. It was a book that expressed how i truly felt in high school. Like a castaway. And it made me feel powerful, like I was not alone with my feeling and thoughts because somewhere out there someone thought and felt the same.. Through his troubles and problems I got insight into mine. I had a freind in the pages.

So what message am I sending out by what I create. Does it matter maybe not right now, but everything says something even if a person isn't aware of it. For me the doing and the enjoyment of the doing has always been more important than the end product. For I truly enjoy the doing. So I guess it doens't really matter...
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment