Saturday, December 18, 2010

Life Goes On...So live yours.

Some how we get involved with a lot of things in our lives.  Our jobs, our friends, our relaionships, our hobbies, and the list goes on and on. It hard to realize the idea that even if weren't there, involved with all this stuff, life still goes on.

I'm an advent visitor to a many photography blogs and forums to the point where they become parts of my life.  Sometimes I'm at work and can't wait to come home and see what's new on the blogs.  Sometimes I add to the comments and I feel like I'm part of it, like I'm an important part of it but now realizing that even if didn't do all this life would still go on and I would be none the worse because of it.

I among many other people always feel guilty for calling in to work even when I really am sick.  I feel that I need to be there, what will happen if I'm not there.  Am I going to miss out on something, are they going to take away my spot.  But the truth is life goes on. 

Sometimes all this stuff, the unimportant stuff that seems really important at the time consumes our lives and we feel that if we miss a day of it we will lose our lives.

With all the time we spend on this stuff I wonder how much better are lives are because of it.  But maybe our lives would be better if we devoted the time we spend on the unessential stuff on more essential stuff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment