Monday, December 13, 2010

Your voice says it all...

Dracula (1931 film)Image via WikipediaBesides how a person look which is our first impression and response to a person when we first meet them or simply interact with them, thier Voice is the biggest clue to what kind of person they are.  No matter what a person looks like if they have a voice that demands authority you will respond to it.  If they have a voice of child you might now really respond to a demand or request. 

There is man at work who is in his fifties and he is the best at what our location because of his voice. There is something so hypnotic about it.

Bela Lugosi is synonymous with Dracula in fact the count on Sesame Street is inspired from Bela Lugosi.  When you hear him talk his voice captures you you feel almost hypnotized by it.  Its the same with many musicians who have a meek voice when they live in the real world but the moment they step on stage their magical voice steps in and they can inspire, motivate, energize, change the world.

Learning to use the right voice in the right situation can relaly help you.  My example is that I have a client that I have always been pretty nice too always complimented her and for some reason I think the tone of my voice was alwasy a bit young, childish or even feminine and I felt walked over by her.  After a bad experience my voice is a little more firm hoarse when I deal with her, it's a lot more serious and than jovial and I sense there is tremendous power shift on my behalf.  Where before I came across as if she was doing me a favor now I feel like i am the one with power and I notice that she was a bit taken back by it.  The power of the voice really comes along.  I think a person who can master their tone of voice and learn to use the right voice for the right occassion could possibly do anything he wanted to...he would have ultimate power.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment