Monday, December 13, 2010

My Alternative to Coffee...Hot Water

I've been a fan of coffee for a long time.  I used to drink it so much as a kid I had a nervous breakdown literally I could not stop shaking.  It was pretty scary I was just so cold it was the caffeine in Mexican coffee...we were on vacation and I would drink it three or four times a day.

Lately I've noticed some back and kidney problems from drinking too much coffee, beer, and sodas.  Turns out these types of drinks can lead to kidney and other organ problems because they can shock the organs and render them sluggish. 

So I was talking to a freind of mine about an alternative to coffee and she recommended tea or hot cocoa but still for me this wasn't what I was looking for.  I started to think that I wanted something like coffee just not like tea, and not like hot cocoa.  I anaylzed what it was about coffee that I liked and I relaized that I like the heat. 

So today I tried some hot water and sure engough i felt as if I had drunk a cup of coffee.  I don't have problems with energy so I'm not keen on the caffeine but a cup of hot water warmed me up and picked up my energy really quick.  I think this will be my new alternative to coffee just a cup of hot h2o
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment