Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Breaking the Rules...Bypassing Road Blocks

SchrankenzaunelementImage via WikipediaThere's always a way around things....


The last few days I've been hit with a lot of interferences and road blocks.  Starting with a photoshoot I did last week where the pictures were a lot different in the computer than on the camera screen.  I decided to turn them all black and white and they looked good.  This was my work around.

Yesterday I was getting off the on ramp on the freeway that had a lot of traffic.  I was in the merging lane and I saw and open and I put my blinker on.  But the guy in that lane soon sped up and blocked my entrance into his lane.  I tried to go faster but he went faster.  I was running our o road and soon I was driving on the shoulder.  I went faster he went faster till eventually he had to stop because of the traffic but I decided if I'd gone this fare driving on the shoulder I might as well go all the way since there wasn't a cop in sight I knew I was okay.  I only had to go a few hundred feet or so to get off again.  I was going on a detour to avoid the traffic.  So I made it and I left the angry guy in the track somewhere behind me.

What I realize is sometimes there is just an easier way around things.  The guy in the truck was blocked and limited by the boundaries of the other cars in front of him and to the side and he could not get into the shoulder where I was cause I was blocking him...by hurting me he hurt himself.

So I have learn to break the rules a bit.  Not all the time but seeing that there are alternative routes to get things done and to get what we want.  Going mainstream can be clogging because that is the way that everyone knows and everyone is there trying to get what you want.  But finding a less traveled road can work a lot better because you just get there faster.  In the end you might even marvel that you did something different and got around the road blocks while everyone else is still a mile back in traffic.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment